Call the Cops

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

While y'all ate burgers and guacamole and watched the Super Bowl with all its funny Doritos commercials...  The missionary work went on! All the trams here were packed with people on their way to the soccer and hockey games but as an American I am just of the opinion that it is not the same. GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some other interesting things about Europe aside from its lack of football:
- I've probably already told you that McDonalds is so hipster and literally all the cool chaps hang out there; it's always brim-full and outside the teenagers blast hiphop on their stereos. No one believes me when I say that a lot of Americans consider it a trashy place.
- We get to teach European elders slang like "let's blow this Popsicle stand," "goofball," "let's bounce" and "cool beans"
- everyone is freaking out about the American politics and luckily I am American so it's like this big elephant in the room with every person we talk to
-  I hear so much Turkish music here; I think I will have to look it up when I get home because it's actually pretty good
- Every time I think the chocolate can't get better I find a new brand that I love
- Europe has gotten me to like bubbly water - what

Notable Notes:
- SOME DUDE THREATENED TO CALL THE COPS ON US LOL
-Our ten year old best friend Skyped a bunch of other ten-year-olds in to watch the restoration video with us haha
- Her parents also let her and her 7-year-old brother come to church with us cause they begged and it was such a blast together! 






- I love this new schedule! Since planning time plus half of the lunch hour got moved to the morning, we have way more time in the morning as well as the night to get things done. For example, this week I did 45 minutes to 1.5 hours of workout every day -- I just split my workout between the night and the morning and IT FEELS FABULOUS.
-We visited a member who not only inspired my to try out acrylic painting but also was telling us about what it was like for her family members who were stuck in and escaped East Germany after the war; another member was telling us how she had to flee to Denmark during the war.
-Speaking of Denmark, the new elder in my ward is Danish and though my ancestors came from Denmark he says my name Lundgreen is Swedish...? 

So my new favorite scripture from the New Testament is Luke 12:32
"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
I believe that Heavenly Father really wants what is best for us! We may not always understand the path that is laid out for us, but if we trust that our Father in Heaven is there, cheering us on, then we can get through anything!

Have a lovely week!!

Here are all the pictures from Christmas and a bunch of other random events since November!








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts