Kidnapper Van

Thursday, May 18, 2017





Crowning the extinct volcano over Singen once stood a majestic castle of the 10th century AD. Once dominated by romanticized royals, it became a target of Napoleon Bonaparte, whose lust for an empire fanned the flames of its destruction. Last week, 200 years later, the sisters enjoyed a beautiful picnic from its ruins.  Then, this morning, we took a 5 AM jog for a volcanic sunrise view!









We have had a good number of appointments this week but I will admit my favorite event of the whole week was skyping on Mother's Day! As one of the two days of the year I get to see my family's lovely faces, it was pretty precious. 



 *Mothers  Close Your Eyes Por Favor*
So we were out working in an old village we had never before visited. With another appointment at 6:30 we had to make sure to take the bus on time. As we were waiting by the stop, a man sporting big biceps and a ponytail pulled over- no joke- in a big white van with blacked out windows. "The bus doesn't run here," he said. "Where are you heading?"
"Singen." I replied.
"I can take you there!" He grinned. "And there wouldn't be any stops along the way [like a bus]." 
"Oh, that's ok!" 
"No really, get in! No reason to be afraid."
"That's really nice, but we're missionaries so we're not allowed to be alone. Is there another bus that runs?" (We had passed many bus stops on our way)
"Buses seldom come here. Just come with me, it's alright!"
"No really, it's a rule. We can call someone. Thank you anyway!" 
He raised a brow at us as if we were rejecting a great offer. As he pulled away, we started heading down the street to scout out another bus stop. After 2 minutes the van  legit flipped around and pulled onto the sidewalk. "You know I really just don't like seeing two women out alone!" (As if we were stranded out in the wilderness) "You can even see my ID! I know you said you can call someone but I really think you should just get in with me." 
We were firm when we turned him down this time. Quickly we headed to the city center in a dual attempt to rid ourselves of him and to find the next bus. Sure enough we asked a bus driver who confirmed that there is a bus that goes to Singen; after enough time we headed back to where we had initially been waiting for the bus. As we suspected, the man had been lying and our bus came right on time. 




Some other Notable Notes:
  • Someone asked if sister Woolsey and I are twins. 
  • We helped bishop build his new house...Using a pickax and the brute strength of our bare hands, we smashed stones to smithereens! Apparently I love manual labor.
Blisters!!!
  • I saw a rainbow majestically shooting out of the distant snow-tipped Alps. 
  • We didn't have time to return to Singen so instead of doing it at the church we did weekly planning on the lakeside. 
  • Someone have been working with told us she KNOWS the Book of Mormon is true and that made me so so happy. 

D&C 45:
3 Listen to him [Christ] who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him--
4 Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
5 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.
Liebe Grüße, 
Sister Lundgreen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts