SO-CALI Me Maybe - May 30, 2017

Sunday, June 11, 2017


TRANSFER CALLS: Sister Woolsey is leaving and in her stead will come yet another SoCal Blondie, Sister Saint Laurent (whom I actually went on exchange with in Augsburg). I AM SO PUMPED.
Ok, but I am really sad to say bye to my comp. When I first came into Singen, I was really stressed out and struggling with self worth..... yet within a very short time this amazing girl built me up and helped me feel relax and confident again. I know the Lord puts us with people for a reason! Ughhhhh I will miss her! 





Notable Notes 

1. Helping Bishop build his homemade house 2.0: lugged huge bricks up two flights of stairs and sawed them; made plaster with a giant mixer and filled in holes 
2. We had a ward campfire on a hill overlooking the Boden Lake; we roasted stockbrot (dough wrapped around a stick and put over the flame), we played limbo with a branch before the elders turned it into a sport of high jump, and I tested how long I could hold a handstand with the kids (17 seconds before someone threw a ball at me)
3. My favorite game: how many people can you count wearing American name apparel in 10 minutes; LEVEL 2 how many people can you count wearing something with California/its cities in 10 minutes. LITERALLY SO MANY PEOPLE   
no shame falling asleep on trains or buses; 15 months of missionary work kinda wears ya down 
4. We had FHE about the Holy Ghost with a Peruvian-German family
5. I've got this ombré tan going on on my arms from so many hours out doing finding with different length sleeves 
6. Evidence #487 against the misconception that missionaries live in a bubble of holy innocence: it has only been since coming on a mission that men have offered me alcohol 
7. Got asked to sing in a band (won't work with missionary work but hey it was a flattering offer!) 


8. I had a dream that I finally was gonna get to go swimming...I stepped in the water...it was definitely cold, but I was so ecstatic didn't care... right as I was about to plunge chest deep and push my arms out in a stroke (oh how I anticipated that beautiful sensation of water's soft resistance again my skin!)..... AAAAHHH MY ALARM WENT OFF.



There is one sweet member in our ward whom we often visit; she lives in a home for the mentally disabled and she always gives us "love letters" and treats.  She loves practicing her English with us and she absolutely cracks us up... 

SOME CLASSIC SCHWESTER K QUOTES:


"I wasn't very righteous this morning.... a fly was flying around my face and I wanted to take a gun and shoot her." 

"Men make me crazy."

"I try to stay very far away from men."

"In Relief Society I will be teaching good things about men but it will all be a lie."



Doctrine and Covenants 50:
41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;
42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.

"He came to earth not only to die, but to teach us how to live." -James E Talmage

Love you all!
Sister Lundgreen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts