Twilight Zone

Thursday, March 30, 2017


Hello, lovelies.  I just returned from a hike, which means that my fingers are grimy, my face tan (or sunburned?) and my belly full of delicious German gelato.  Oh, what a life.  We walked up to the ruins of Hohenwiel where the crumbling castle overlooks the rolling hills and zipping along the highway below are cars which look more like ants.  










And, we may or may not have taken a sunbathed cat nap on a cliff-side fortress wall.... 

As a missionary I am really trying to become more bold.  Enough with the dumb excuses-- I have less than 5 months to preach the gospel so I just need to do it!  I've really been trying to be better about talking to people in all sorts of settings, be it at the door, in the driveway, on a train, or on the street...and what's wonderful is that the more unafraid we are to open our mouths and talk to strangers, the more friends we make! 



Truly, though, as a missionary there's nothing more exhilarating than declaring your testimony of God's love with fullness of heart. 

What Happens, Happens:
  • We assembled a trampoline 
  • One night we ate delicious Indian food, went on a walk and talked about prayer
  • We spent a day with the world's coolest Sister RM who joined us in three teaching appointments and also went dooring with us 
  • We tutored a cute 12-year-old girl English
  • We accidentally slept in on Sunday because this whole daylight savings thing is still so foreign to me-- they don't have it in Arizona OR Hawaii
  • We went street finding in a beach town 



Quote of the Week:
Me: "I'm from a really hot place called Arizona."
12-year-old: "LIKE BELLA FROM TWILIGHT!!!!!!!" 

In 2002 Margaret D. Nadauld listed three things that describe a woman of faith:
  1. "A woman of faith trusts God and faces adversity with hope. She knows of His interest in her life."
  2. "A woman of faith is confident because she understands the divine plan of our Heavenly Father and her role to bless lives."
  3. "A woman of faith is fearless. She fears no evil, for God is with her."
 We have so much to aspire to.  In this life there are so many opportunities.... and though I am nervous for this next year because I don't know what the future holds for me... I do know one thing: that faith will carry me through.

I think of my role model, Esther.  In the face of absolute uncertainty, what did she do? She turned in faith to her Creator, willing to lay down everything (even her life) with the hope and the trust that His way was best.  

ALLES GUTE MEINE LIEBE 
               Sister Lundgreen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts